Jeanette joined Atwood, Holsten, Brown, Deaver, Spier & Israel Law Firm, P.C., L.L.O in 2018 with twenty years of experience practicing law in Lincoln. Jeanette's goal is to supplement the firm's work representing injured people by providing legal services in all other aspects of an injured person's life. Jeanette's practice includes real estate matters; estate and business planning and litigation; probate and trust administration; will contests and other estate litigation; guardianships and conservatorships; employment law; school law; family law matters, including divorces, paternity actions, modifications, and adoptions; and general civil litigation. Jeanette has extensive experience representing clients throughout southeast Nebraska in state and federal courts, both at the trial court level and in appeals to the Nebraska Court of Appeals, Nebraska Supreme Court, and Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jeanette was raised in Bellevue and attended the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, earning a degree in criminal justice, magna cum laude. Jeanette continued her studies at the University of Nebraska College of Law and graduated Order of the Coif and with highest distinction in 1997. During law school, Jeanette served as executive editor of the Nebraska Law Review, earned a Theodore Sorensen fellowship in public interest law, and was runner-up for the Robert G. Simmons Law Practice Award for her article, The Department of Justice's No-Contact Rule-A Proposal for a Modified Rule, which was later published in the Criminal Law Bulletin. Prior to Jeanette's time in private practice, she held a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Kenneth C. Stephan of the Nebraska Supreme Court.
Jeanette volunteers with the Nebraska affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, Sheridan Lutheran Church, and Lincoln Lutheran Middle/High School. She has also served in numerous capacities with the federal courts in Nebraska, including serving as a member and chair of the Federal Practice Committee and President of the District of Nebraska Branch of the Historical Society for the United States Court of Appeals in the Eighth Circuit.
Jeanette's husband, Corey, is also a member of our firm. Jeanette and Corey have two daughters, Lauren and Harper, and enjoy gardening on their acreage outside of Lincoln, spending time on the beach in Nicaragua, and attending their daughters' countless soccer and basketball games.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Honors: with highest distinction
- University of Nebraska
- Honors: magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Lincoln Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Real Estate Matters
- Estate and Business Planning and Litigation
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Will Contests and Other Estate Litigation
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Employment Law
- School Law
- Family Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Order of the Coif
- Nebraska Law Review, Member and Executive Editor
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska, Federal Practice Committee
- District of Nebraska Branch of the Historical Society of the United States Court in the Eighth
- Circuit, President
- ACLU Nebraska Lawyers Panel
- Nebraska State Bar Association Leadership Academy
- Nebraska State Bar Association Annual Meeting Committee
- Robert Van Pelt American Inn of Court