Nolan J. Niehus is a native of Lawton, Iowa and a noted "Jaysker", as he graduated Summa Cum Laude from Creighton University with a bachelor degree in philosophy in 2018 prior to graduating with Distinction from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 2021. While Nolan's honors are numerous, he is most proud of his Outstanding Clinic Student of the Semester Award. Such honor is given to the student earning the best grade in UNL's Criminal Clinic, which is a practical course where students work under the Lancaster County Prosecutor's Office handling criminal cases from initial arraignment through sentencing.
Nolan's primary focus is advocating for injured workers in both Iowa and Nebraska, as well as those who are injured on the railroad. Nolan's other practice areas include medical malpractice, wrongful death, and personal injury. While Nolan is the firm's youngest attorney, he has already succeeded in advocating for clients in the Nebraska Supreme Court, Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court, and Nebraska District Court. Nolan is licensed in Nebraska state and federal court, and has a pending license in Iowa. Nolan currently works out of our firm's offices Lincoln and Omaha, but expects to also serve his Iowa clients of Des Moines in the near future.
When not in the office, Nolan enjoys spending his free time outdoors with his wife and their two dogs. Depending on the season, Nolan and his wife may be playing a round of golf, wake-surfing on Lake Okoboji, cheering on the Kansas City Chiefs, or even snowboarding down a mountain.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- J.D. - 2021
- Honors: With Distinction
- Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska
- B.A. - 2018
- Honors: summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Member
- Workers’ Compensation
- Railroad Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Outstanding Clinic Student of the Semester; Spring 2021
- Moot Court Board; Member
- National Moot Court Team; Member
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award; Workers’ Compensation Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award; Sports Law
- Order of the Barristers; Member