Brynne Holsten Puhl is a trial lawyer and associate at Atwood, Holsten, Brown, Deaver & Spier Law Firm, P.C., L.L.O., where her practice is primarily dedicated to representing individuals in the areas of workers' compensation, personal injury, and wrongful death. Brynne is a Nebraska native who is originally from Grand Island. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in English with a Spanish minor from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. A Husker through and through, Brynne also attended law school at the University of Nebraska College of Law. She spent six years practicing workers' compensation law in Omaha at an insurance defense law firm. Brynne returned to Atwood, Holsten, Brown, Deaver & Spier, P.C., L.L.O. in February 2015 and reignited her passion for client advocacy in the areas of workers’ compensation and personal injury.
Brynne prides herself on connecting with each client and working to understand their long term goals. She is admitted to practice in Nebraska, Iowa, and the United States District Court - District of Nebraska. Brynne has extensive trial experience in front of the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court and appellate experience in the Nebraska Supreme Court. She also litigates in front of the Iowa Workers’ Compensation Commissioner. Brynne has been rated an AV Preeminent® lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, a “lawyer rating” service established in 1868. This is the highest peer rating standard. This rating signifies that a large number of Brynne’s peers rank her at the highest level of professional excellence for her legal knowledge, communication skills, and ethical standards. The AV Preeminent® rank is held by only 10 percent of all lawyers. Brynne truly enjoys advocating on behalf of her clients.
Outside of her practice of law, Brynne enjoys cooking, gardening, running, reading, attending concerts and sporting events, and traveling. Brynne especially enjoys spending quality time with her family and friends. Brynne and her husband, James, reside in Lincoln with their son.
My name is Brad D., I had previously reached out to Atwood Law Office to assist me with an issue regarding my employer regarding an unfair treatment of placement of work. I was designated to have Brynne Holsten Puhl as my attorney, and was very pleased with her and all the services that she provided. I felt that Brynne was always available, whether is was a phone call or in person if need be. She was professional and caring regarding all my needs. She also communicated wonderfully, and was very knowledgeable regarding the law. The staff at Atwood Law was always great to talk to and jumped at the chance to help with paperwork & etc. I was extremely pleased and satisfied with Brynne Holsten Puhl and everything that was conducted with Atwood Law. I will forever be grateful and so thankful for everything Brynne did for me, to get back on my feet and be able to enjoy my life with my kids. I would absolutely recomment Brynne to anyone, needing help. Thank you!
- Nebraska, 2008
- Iowa, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska, 2008
- Pearson v. Archer-Daniels-Midland Milling Co., 282 Neb. 400 (2011)
- Pearson v. Archer-Daniels-Midland Milling Co., 285 Neb. 568 (2013)
- Rodgers v. Nebraska State Fair, 288 Neb. 92 (2014)
- Potter v. McCulla, 288 Neb. 741 (2014)
- Carr v. Ganz, 26 Neb. App. 14 (2018)
- Dragon v. Cheesecake Factory, 300 Neb. 548 (2018)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association - Workers' Compensation Section, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association - Workers' Compensation Section, Member
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys, Member
- Iowa Association for Justice, Member
- Iowa Association for Justice - Workers' Compensation Section, Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association - Young Lawyers Division, Member, Present
- Iowa Association of Workers' Compensation Lawyers, Member, Present
- Nebraska State Bar Association - Leadership Academy Graduate 2018