Effective And Efficient Workers’ Compensation Counsel
The workers’ compensation laws are designed to protect workers and their dependents against the hardships arising from work injuries or work-related death. While the statutory law is complex, put simply, if you are an employee who has suffered an injury and/or death as a result of a work-related accident, you are likely entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
Every employer is required to purchase workers’ compensation insurance or self-fund a workers’ compensation benefit program to fund the workers’ compensation claims of its employees. It is not uncommon, however, for a workers’ compensation insurer to dispute a worker’s claim and deny workers’ compensation benefits. If the workers’ compensation insurer denies some or all benefits, you should speak with an experienced attorney.
Were you injured at work? Call 402-817-2717 or toll free at 800-655-9606 to discuss your case with our experienced legal team during a free consultation.
What Workers’ Compensation Benefits Are You Entitled To?
As experienced workers’ compensation attorneys, we first assess what benefits you may be entitled to, whether it is lost wages, medical expenses, right to vocational counseling or retraining, or compensation for any permanent disability or impairment related to a work injury. Next, we will actively pursue benefits you are entitled to by working with the workers’ compensation carrier and/or the attorney for your employer. If necessary, we will file suit on your behalf.
Do You Need A Workers’ Compensation Attorney?
You are not required to hire a workers’ compensation attorney, however, you may find it difficult to handle a workers’ compensation claim without assistance, especially in cases of complicated or extensive injuries. What is more difficult is knowing whether the insurance company is following the law and paying what you are entitled to by law. We don’t want to waste your time or money. If we don’t believe you need an attorney, we’ll tell you. While every case is unique, hiring a workers’ compensation attorney may be necessary if:
- Your employer denies you were injured on the job.
- The workers’ compensation insurer claims your injury existed before your accident.
- The workers’ compensation insurer denied your benefits.
- Medical bills are not being paid.
- You are not being paid for the time you are unable to work due to your injury.
- You are only able to work limited hours due to your work-related injury, and you are not being compensated for the missed hours.
- You have been put at light duty due to your injury and are being paid less.
- The adjuster promises benefits or care but does not follow through.
- An attorney for the insurance company or your employer wants to take a recorded statement or your deposition.
- You feel that you have permanent injuries as a result of your work accident.
- Your workers’ compensation benefits have suddenly stopped, but you are still unable to work, or have not fully recovered from your accident.
- Due to your work accident, you are no longer able to do the work that you are accustomed to or trained for.
- The workers’ compensation insurer has instructed you to see their doctor after you have already started treatment with your own physician.
Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Our predecessor firm began representing clients in workplace injury cases in the 1940s. Since that time, Atwood, Holsten, Brown, Deaver, Spier & Israel Law Firm, P.C., L.L.O., has successfully represented clients in cases ranging from relatively simple back injuries to catastrophic injuries and death. We know how the workers’ compensation system works, and we are very familiar with the medical providers and rehabilitation facilities in our state.
Our attorneys will apply their experience, knowledge and skills to ensure that you receive all of the medical care, rehabilitation services and benefits you deserve. To learn more about workers’ compensation claims, visit our workers’ compensation FAQ page.
Contact Our Skilled Lawyers For Strong Advocacy
Call us at 402-817-2717 or toll free at 800-655-9606 to schedule your free initial consultation. You may also contact our Omaha, Lincoln or Des Moines offices online. We assist injured workers throughout Nebraska and Iowa.